Heresy & Purity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

3 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

Post  Saiser Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:16 am

The chirugeon's alighted with similar curiosity upon the sample, "Given how badly I want to know what this is? About... an hour. You can wait outside... I'd prefer if you wouldn't interfere."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

Post  NotTheRedWire Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:20 am

"Deal, we'll be back in an hour." Julian motioned for the others to leave and headed for the door himself.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 am

It was a bit of a cruel wait as the hour passed by outside, but as it ended, the chirugeon did not come out. Waiting a bit longer, after about five more minutes, just long to begin to make the two of you curious, the chirugeon threw open the door, gasping for breath, "You won't even believe me... this is a truly phenomenal and... disturbing find."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:36 am

Julian cocked an eyebrow in genuine interest and nodded to the man, "I think you best walk us through it then."
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:46 am

The chirugeon led you over to the assorted chymistry equipment and the piece of flesh in question, "I tried to determine exactly who this flesh might have belonged to, starting with a man or a woman, and my interest was piqued when I learned it appeared to be... both. Well, wait, let me explain... it is separate, clearly-separate genetic material locked in a parasitic, almost carnivorous relationship. There is material here clearly from a middle-aged woman... reasonably healthy and well-fed, suggesting nobility, and male material that I can only describe as... ageless, to my admittedly primitive instruments. The female material appears to be being continually subsumed by the male material, and yet, while all of this continues, the entire genetic structure is rotting from the core, necrotizing at an alarming rate, only being maintained in any form of stability at all, barely, so long as this male material continues to 'consume' the foreign material... it began to rot into dust right before my eyes as I examined it, so I poured a drop of my own blood on it... and the male material reacted in precisely the same way to my own genetic material, sustaining itself only slightly longer. This is quite possibly the most fascinatingly corrupt and mutated work of human genetics I have ever witnessed..."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:52 am

Julian held back a look of disgust as he listened to the description. It wasn't easy.
"So... whatever this came from, has to feed on living tissue to survive?"
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:54 am

The chirugeon nodded slowly, "That would certainly be the conclusion I would draw regarding... whomever this foul piece of skin came from."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 pm

"The problem now then is finding who this belongs to..." Julian sighed in frustration, as interesting as the information was, it didn't help them find who it belonged to, all it told them is that they were a greater danger than they'd previously thought.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 pm

The chirugeon sighed, "Well, I'm sorry, but I don't think I can really be of more help."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 am

"Do you think perhaps Chaos is involved? That this is not just some mutation?" It seemed to lean towards something Nurgle would be resposible for. She had read about the various Chaos gods but beyond general information she didn't know much.
Faust
Faust
Admin

https://perfectheresy.norwegianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 am

Julian shivered at the mention of one of the dark gods and he was sure he felt the temperature in the room drop, or was it just his nerves?
"A possibility, to be sure, though I sure as hell hope it's not true..." Julian strokes his moustache as he thought, "What do you think our next step should be?" he looked up to Remedy as he asked.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 am

"Find whomever the skin belongs to. If Chaos is involved it is festering and growing. Not to mention that such a heavy mutation could be contagious but what's worrying me is how no one knows who it is that this skin belongs to. You'd think with it being this bad it would be easy to find the person, even if she is nobility." It was all so puzzling. There was nothing that was adding up, almost as if the skin had been manufactured to hide something or to throw the trail somewhere else.
Faust
Faust
Admin

https://perfectheresy.norwegianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 am

The chirugeon shook and trembled a little, before stammering, "I... can't say."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum