Heresy & Purity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

3 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

Post  Faust Mon May 30, 2011 3:33 am

"So what now? Barge in and start looking or ask the people for information?" She squatted down and sighed, still feeling the side-effects of the Obscura but a rough guesstimate and she figured it would pass very soon.
Faust
Faust
Admin

https://perfectheresy.norwegianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Heresy - Chapter 1: Inspiration Grows From The Barrel Of A Gun

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 3:43 am

Julian was starting to regret not putting on a fresh uniform. While a slighty rugged look was good for intimidating gangers and thieves by looking seasoned, up here he couldn't help but think it made him look unprofessional. Still, he smartened up as best he could and looked down at Remedy.

"No barging, we've got to try and keep the high-ups sweet, but they may not want us poking around, there's been cover-ups after all. You try and do what you do and get in silently, I'll try at the front. If I succeed, you come out and join me, if I fail, then I've provided a distraction and you can let me in the back. Sound good?"
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Mon May 30, 2011 3:45 am

Without replying she silently slinkered away into the darkness and quietly observed from the shadows, her hands on her throwing knives, ready to sneak or strike depending on what happened.
Faust
Faust
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 3:48 am

Julian smoothed back his grey hair and tightened his neat pony tail before striding forward with the easy confidence that comes with authority.
He walked towards the cordon, looking around as he moved to spot any of the guards coming towards him.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 am

One of the armor-clad Enforcers tried to hold up Julian as he approached the corridor, nodding quickly in recognition of a fellow Arbite, "This is an active crime scene, sir... who are you and what's your business here?"
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 3:54 am

Julian returned the nod of greeting and turned to face the enforcer.
"I'm Julian Javert, I've been sent here on special assignment." Julian gave a sympathetic smile to the Arbite, "I know you guys are doing all you can, it can't be easy, but top brass has gotten a bug under their skin because of the lack of progression in the case, they thought a new set of eyes might help move things forward."
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 4:06 am

The Enforcer looked the fellow Arbite up and down, before opening a path in the cordon and waving him in, "Can't hurt, I suppose... but don't disturb the crime scene or the evidence in any way."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 am

Seeing Julian go inside Remedy started sneaking around the building to find a window or a backdoor she could sneak inside through.

(I roll Silent Move against my AG of 42 and I get 6 that's 5 full successes)
Faust
Faust
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 4:12 am

"Don't worry, I know procedure." Julian nodded in thanks and moved on past the guard and on into the house.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 4:26 am

With the silence of a cat, Remedy slipped around to the side of the mansion, surreptitiously creaked open a window, and slipped into the sprawling and dark mansion unseen.

Julian found no resistance as he entered the manor. Most the luminators were dim, a few Enforcers still patrolled the halls. All manner of expensive status, artifacts, and paintings filled the expensive halls, until at last Julian entered the study that was obviously the center of attention. Blood spattered and covered the small study, viciously, cruelly, and out near the center of the room lay the sprawled-out corpse of what remained of the young noblewoman, horrifically torn to pieces. Her lower-torso and stomach had been torn clean out and were missing completely, as was her right shoulder... apart from those obviously-fatal injuries, nothing was immediately evident other than bruises on her neck and arms, and corresponding dents in the wall suggesting something or someone had gripped her with extreme force and thrown her about the study.
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

Julian appraised the room with professional restraint, not letting the gruesomeness of the scene get to him as he looked around the room and at the body in more detail.

(I roll to search and get 14 against 20.)
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 4:52 am

Julian searched the room diligently, top-to-bottom. Despite the chaos of the scene, he could not find a single stand-out clue or evident lead... nothing at all suggestive of who or what could have done this. The very absence of any possible leads sparked Julian's interest... it seemed very, very suspicious to him to try to countenance the possibility that an attacker could have gone on so violent a rampage, and yet painstakingly left no clues to who they were or what their motivation was.

Even as he puzzled this over, a young Enforcer walked in to examine the scene, looking patently overwhelmed and very morose, grim look on his youthful face.
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 4:58 am

Julian furrowed his brow as he puzzled over the scene... this just wasn't right.

The entry of a new figure caused him to turn his head, and upon seeing the look of shock he had to restrain a smirk.
"First time on a scene like this?" he asked.
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 5:01 am

The young Enforcer nodded, clearly sweating a fair bit under his helmet, despite the war being extremely mild in the manor, "Y-yes. I... I honestly wasn't expecting it to go like this." He suddenly seemed to recall he had not seen Julian coming to the scene with, and inquired mildly, "Who are you, by the way? What brought you to this... ugly scene?"
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 am

"Julian Javert," he said with a nod, "And I'm here on special assignment, to hopefully speed things up. How about you? It seems a bit extreme to send you to such a scene to break you into the gorey stuff."
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 5:09 am

The young Enforcer shrugged a little, "I suppose... everyone has to start somewhere."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 5:16 am

"Quite the baptism of fire. Do you know much about the scene?"
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 5:18 am

The young Enforcer shook his head quickly, very quickly, beads of sweat still dripping down the front of his face, "No, no, of course not... I'm not even one of the evaluaters of the crime scene, I'm just... watching how the veterans handle it."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 5:36 am

Julian eyed the lad with some suspicion, he seemed rather out of place.

(I roll for scrutiny and get 50. A failure of 3 degrees.)

"Any Apothacaries examined the body yet?"
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 5:38 am

The young man nodded quickly once more, "They had the chirugeon in about an hour ago... he spent about five minutes looking over the body, traded some words with Sergeant Aldonne, and left. I think he said by the end of the day he'd have filed his report with Aldonne."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotTheRedWire Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 am

"Where is Sergeant Aldonne now?"
NotTheRedWire
NotTheRedWire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 am

The young Enforcer looked very quickly about the room, "Oh, he must be somewhere within the manor... looking around for... leads. He must have only left the room a few seconds ago."
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 am

Remedy snuck around, close to where Julian was, and kept an eye out for anyone that might be there and to look for anyone doing anything suspicions.

(I roll Silent Move to sneak around the mansion. I roll and I get 97. I fate point and I get 2 against my AG of 42)
Faust
Faust
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiser Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:35 am

Sneaking around the mansion, keeping to the shadows, Remedy could determine their were two other Enforcers, mostly nondescript, going through the mansion and cautiously examining for evidence, or at least so it appeared. She also spotted a third Enforcer, taller and burlier than the other, with a thick mustache and chiselled face, pacing through one of the hallways, very subtly grabbing a few small artifacts and statuettes, likely virtually priceless, as well as several gems and jewels as he passed by.
Saiser
Saiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faust Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 am

Though she highly doubted a serial killer would go shoplifting she decided that for now she would stay away from the third enforcer but watch him from a distance to see what else he might be up to.
Faust
Faust
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum